Alexandra Smith Coaching and Consultancy experience
Alexandra has an extensive track record of success in Leadership Development, Coaching and Organisational Transformation and Development. Alexandra’s approach is client centred, and takes account of the complexity of a business environment. She focuses on the inter-dependent nature of business relationships and performance, and encourages her clients to demonstrate the character of true leadership, which will inspire themselves and others to achieve great things. Her approach is always pragmatic and stimulating and is underpinned by a belief that authenticity is the means for accessing and fostering untapped potential.
She has worked with a wide range of Corporate Global Organisations and also undertakes work in 3rd Sector. Clients include: Vodafone, Colt Technology; SONY Corporation; Credit Suisse; TfL; NHS; BT Openreach; GlaxoSmithKline; Brandhouse; Bank of America; Barclays; Activision; Oasis, AHAG, WWSET, and Fight Bladder Cancer. Current and recent assignments include:
- Extensive work as a coach to individuals at C-Suite and Director and level in a variety of sectors. She is well known for her coaching with teams and she has coached teams in Financial Services, Telecoms, Public Sector, Electronics and Pharmaceuticals and Start-Ups
- Facilitating Leadership Cultural transformation in a wide range of companies
- Design and delivery of leadership programmes in Europe, Asia and US including SWAN’s flagship programme, Leadership Compass©
- Designed and executed the resourcing strategy for a US Bio-Pharmaceutical organisation establishing a green field site in Dublin
- Various Interim HR Director level assignments in UK and Asia.
Line management experience
Alexandra has over 25 years line management experience. In her last Corporate role as the HR Director of a Financial Services organisation, and led the HR and Service Quality strategies. She has a lead and number of internal consultancy teams that facilitated major organisational and culture change. Her early management career was in manufacturing.
Alexandra is responsible for strategy and people at SWAN. She was a Leadership Consultant at Penna plc for 9 years and there she was instrumental in building the Assessment Practice. Latterly at Penna she was a core member of the Leadership and Coaching Practice. She has also worked as an Executive Consultant with KPMG in their Change Practice. Alexandra studied in Manchester and London and has a MA degree in International HRM and is an IPD graduate. She is qualified with the BPS, has an internationally recognised qualification in Transactional Analysis (TA) and is an NLP practitioner.